Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Purple And Grey Sympathy Card

Good Morning my crafty friends! I hope your week is going well. I have a sympathy card to share with you today. These aren't really the kind of cards I like to make, however,when you need them,you usually need them right away. I made this one for my card stash.
The color combination was actually inspired my a suit and tie I saw on a news anchor on TV. Yes, I get inspiration everywhere! I don't really use a lot of purple generally, so I wanted to stretch out of my usual color preferences.
I used the new Baroque Frame background stamp from JustRite Papercraft and embossed it in silver on a very dark grey paper. My card base is a very pale grey, it almost looks white in the picture. I've mixed several different shades of purple here for interest and texture. The sentiment is stamped in purple on a die cut made from the tag in the A2 Filigree Delight Spellbinders die. I customized it by cutting two of the same same shape,cutting one in half and adhering it to the top and bottom so the filigree is on all four sides.
All of links to the products I've used here are at the bottom of this post.

Thanks for stopping by today!
supplies not listed below-
flowers purchased at Hobby Lobby
berry spray by Petaloo-(discontinued)



4 comments:

  1. They are my less favorite to make as well. I do not like the thought of it sigh! This will however bring comfort to someone!

    I get inspiration like you! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kristi. Beauty in this kind of card is special to those receiving it. The embossing on the grey background paper is awesome. The embellishments are just as awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love purple, it was the spectacular silver embossed b'ground that caught my eye. A sympathy card should be beautiful, and this one certainly is that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card..I like the color combo...You did a wonderful job using these colors togther!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...