Friday, March 7, 2014

Thinking Of You Magnolia Card


TGIF! We made it to the end of another week! I hope you've got a fun weekend planned, we're beginning to thaw some here in Georgia and our weekends are usually reserved for winter clean up and Spring planting starting soon. We've lived in our house for about 12 years and during that time I've watched our magnolia tree in the backyard grow from an almost sapling into a big and sturdy tree. I'm not sure if the previous owners planted it or if set it's own roots down,but it is definitely my favorite. Hopefully it will start blooming soon and provide us with fragrant flowers through the summer.
My card for you today features one of these beautiful blossoms. It's one of today's featured JustRite Papercraft March release stamps sets, Magnolia Vintage Labels Seven.
I stamped the image on watercolor paper and used my watercolors and a water brush to color it. The watercolor paper is very thick and can handle the paint without warping or tearing. It was a little difficult to cut it with the die, but I rolled it through 2-3 times to make sure I got a clean cut. I've added minimal embellishments here; I wanted the flower to be the star of the show. I did use some foam tape to pop up the layers to add dimension.


This lovely set also has a coordinating SVG cut file you can purchase and download directly from the JustRite Papercraft store. They can be used with any electronic die cutter that can cut SVG files.

We are also spotlighting another stamp set today, Ribbons,Tapes And Lace.This versatile set can be used to create a faux  washi tape look or be stamped directly on ribbon. I've done both here on my card.

To create the washi tape look here, I inked my stamp,then took my finger and rubbed the ink off one of the ends. It gives that torn edge look. I've also used a butterfly and sentiment from the Stitched Flowers Vintage Tags set, also in the new release. 
Ribbons, Tape and Lace Clear Stamps SVG Ribbons, Tape and Lace Digital Cut File Download for CR-02011 
Ribbons,Tapes And Laces also has a coordinating SVG cut file set available.


The rest of the JustRite designers have some projects to show you today. See the list below to hop over and visit!



Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I've given you some ideas for using these beautiful stamps!
  Supplies for card One





card two

5 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful. Love the water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful! I really like your watercoloring!!

    Have a great weekend, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi, both cards are beautiful, but the way that you used that tape set is just amazing--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards..Enjoyed the fun colors. I so need spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...