Friday, April 25, 2014

Embroidery Inspired Birthday Card

Hi my sweet friends! I'm sharing a card with you today that I made for the Papertrey Ink April blog hop. This month, they've asked everyone to create a project inspired by floral embroidery using their floral stamps. I've purchased some new floral sets from them recently and couldn't resist!

I found this embroidery pattern on Etsy here and thought it would be cool to reinterpret it into a card.

I just adored the words on a slight slant and the floral and leaf scroll work around it. I've been loving the combination on Raspberry Fizz and Tropical Teal together, so I've used them as the main colors. I've added accent flowers using Winter Wisteria,Summer Sunset and Melon Berry.The stamp sets I've used are mainly Embellished Elegance with a small part of the sentiment from Garden Grace.
I recently made a birthday card for my sister in law using Embellished Elegance and the same color scheme. Here's a look at it.

I used a few more of the stamps from the Embellished Elegance set and a few more ink colors. This set is so much fun to play with!
Thanks for visiting today!
Supplies~



17 comments:

  1. These are pretty - love the colors and how you used the stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi- they are so pretty! I bet your sis-in-law loved the card! I may have to try this technique...thanks for the inspiration. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE the second card for your sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these cards are so pretty! and a great take on the inspiration piece. I'm accustomed to seeing your soft colors which you do so well, but you also do well with the bright colors...Very nicely done. I'm sure that you SIL really liked her card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are gorgeous! Don't you just love this stamp set? Your color choices look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty, they really do look like embroidery pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, what beauties you've created!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are beautiful, Kristi! Love the designs you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply amazing how similar to the inspiration photo!! Wonderful job relaying the inspiration to your card design!

    Patti

    BLOG CANDY! at my blog : ) For a chance to win simply stop by and leave a comment on my latest post! Hope to see you there : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards - really capture the feel of an embroidered project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! LOVING your AMAZING cards for today!! =) The second one is my FAVORITE!! I LOVE your take on that photo inspiration!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, the colors and designs are fabulous! Simply stunning! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! The colors are wonderful and really add to the embroidered feel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both these cards are beautiful, Kristi!! Love the colours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...