Saturday, April 5, 2014

Faith-JustRite Papercraft April Release

Happy Saturday! I hope you're having a lovely weekend so far. We're winding down spring break week here. It's off to school and work on Monday! It's also the final day of the JustRite Papercraft April release. I hope you've been following along and seeing all of the wonderful new stamp sets we've shown you so far. The last featured stamp set is a more traditional and elegant set, Congrats Vintage Labels Three And Seven.
I've stepped outside my usual heavily layered and embellished style and chosen a more simple look for today's card. I've taken a panel of water color paper and used pink,green and blue paints to create a gradient color background.  All I did was simply to wet the paper with a clean brush, then paint it with the brush dipped in color. I cleaned the brush in between colors and softly blended them together as I went along. After I allowed it to dry completely, I stamped the Stitched Circle Background stamp in Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. After it cooled, I used a water brush and the same paint colors and added a bit darker detail to the circles. I then used a wet brush and clean water to blend it all together to get a soft pastel wash. For my sentiment panel, I took a strip of water color paper and cut just one end of of it with Spellbinder's Gold Labels Four. The design is just on the one end.

As the name suggests, Congrats Vintage Labels Three and Seven coordinates with the JustRite Custom Spellbinders Die sets.























Please take a few minutes and visit the rest of the JustRite designers who have beautiful inspirational projects using today's featured set.


JustRite Papercraft is also having two amazing sales that extend beyond the release. If you're interested in adding any new Gelatos or Spellbinders dies to your collection, now is the time!
Thanks for joining us this month for another beautiful release! Click here to start shopping!

Supplies used on this project:
not listed, paper flower-Micheals
Green striped ribbon-Target


4 comments:

  1. Excellent job Kristi. I love blending. You did an extraordinary blending job. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very pretty. I love the the trio of blended colous...so soft and pretty.

    Wonderful card, Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely these soft colors are on your beautifully embossed watercolor paper, Kristi! Thanks for explaining how it was created. I need to get my watercolor paper out and dry something like this, too! it sure is pretty! I like that you went back and added more color after embossing the stitched background! Very Eastery! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, Kristi!! I love the soft colours of the bg and the bow at the top!! Great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...