Monday, April 7, 2014

Make It Monday 166 At The Kraft Journal

Good Monday to you! It's a new week and a new Make It Monday challenge at The Kraft Journal blog! This week's theme is Paris or France. Make a project inspired by France or anything Paris themed. I love all things French, so I had a blast making my card this week. I used pale, washed out colors, almost evoking a timeworn feel, as if this was something leftover from the late 19th century. Perhaps it's been left to age in a dusty attic somewhere.

 I began by making a card base from Brown Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock, distressing the edges. I layered a brown and cream patterned paper and a blue patterned paper ,covering the front.After wrapping a length of Winter White Hand Stained Bias Tape around the bottom of the card, I adhered a large Eiffel Tower sticker from the French Industrial Salvage Sticker pack down the left side of the card, trimming it slightly. I die cut a large swirl from blue paper,inked it, then adhered it to the right front of the card. I stamped a Grungy Prim Shipping Tag with a Paris themed stamped and colored it with water color pencils. I wrapped a length of gold lace around the bottom of the tag and adhered it to the card front with foam tape. I then stamped a Paris postmark onto a Round Metal Edge Grungy Prim Tag and tied it to the lace on the bottom of the larger tag. I then added an extra length of Rose Beige Hand Stained Bias Tape and added it to the existing bow and finished it off with a paper flower. I completed my card by adding another flower to the top of the shipping tag and adhering a flag embellishment.

     I hope you'll join us this week and link up your projects using the inspiration theme,  use something kraft or any item that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!
Supplies used not listed below-
flowers-Prima
stamp-All Night Media
gold lace-Webster's Pages
Scroll die-Anna Griffin

8 comments:

  1. WOW Kristi. This is some card. Gay Pari-liscious. Envy, envy envy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Rocked it, definitely a Parisian feel to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Kristi. You know how to make one feel as if they are receiving something from France! Gorgeous work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cool and so much fun, Kristi!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a wonderful shabby chic card, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...