Monday, April 21, 2014

Make It Monday At The Kraft Journal- Rain

Happy Monday everyone! I hope your Easter weekend was filled with joy and a visit from the Easter Bunny! It's time once again for a new Make It Monday at the Kraft Journal blog. This week's theme is rain. Use  a rain theme or raindrops, or your own interpretation of rain in your project.
I found this cute little girl with an umbrella at the Silhouette online store and just couldn't resist her! She is a print and cut file and just happened to match my Basic Grey papers exactly,so I didn't need to recolor her.I started with a card base made from Light  Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock cut at 4.25 by 5.5 inches. After layering a piece of polka dot patterned paper, I added a die cut border underneath a rain drop themed patterned paper and adhered it to the front left side of the card ,aligning the edges with the polka dot paper. I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut and affixed it to the center top of the card front. After printing and die cutting  the umbrella girl, I adhered her to the left side of the sentiment die cut. I embellished  with a bow made from Aqua Mist Hand Stained Bias Tape and finished off the bow with a sun shaped sequin and pink brad. Here is a closeup of the sentiment:


   I hope you'll join us this week and link up your projects using the inspiration theme,  use something kraft or any item that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!
Supplies used not listed below
mint green ink-Heidi Swapp
sun shaped sequin-Jenni Bowlin
sentiment stamp-Verve Stamps



7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm loving that sweet little girl, Kristi, and the raindrop paper is so nice to go with her. Great arrangement of all the different elements to form a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute catrd and I love the pastels used. great job Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your umbrella girl is too cute! Love this Kristi! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kristi, I like the adorable image, and the soft colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card! So cute. I bought one of those girls too from the store. I got the one wearing glasses and holding a bunny. It made me think of my daughter who wears glasses just like the girl. What is nice you don't have to color them either. Yours did match the papers perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Kristi! Your card really came together with that image and background paper :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...