Monday, April 28, 2014

Make It Monday At The Kraft Journal- Pinterest Inspired

Hi and welcome to another Make it Monday challenge at The Kraft Journal blog! This week's challenge is to create a project inspired by something you've found on  Pinterest. If you don't know what Pinterest is, it's a great online place where you can bookmark interesting things you've found on the internet,so you can visit them later,sort of an online pinboard. I have a Pinterest board dedicated to card making inspiration,click here to see it. I've chosen a pin from this board as my inspiration this week.

My vintage style baby girl card was inspired by this sweet purse. My card began with a base made from Light Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock, trimmed to 4.25 by 5.5 inches. I layered a ledger patterned paper to the top half of the card front. I die cut 2 patterned papers with scalloped border dies and layered them on the bottom half. I wrapped some Mint Green Tea Hand Stained Bias Tape around the middle along with a piece of twine from the Metallic Twist Hemp Twine Pack and tied it in a knot on the right side of the card front. I fashioned a flower from Recycled Kraft Tissue using a spiral flower die and glued it to the right hand side of the card,over the knotted ribbon and twine. I  made a bow from Mint Green Tea Hand Stained Bias Tape and tucked it in behind the flower,adhering with a bit of hot glue.I embellished the center of the flower with a Girl's Silhouette Icon Flatback flair button. I  stamped a sentiment on a Scalloped Grungy Prim Tag and tied it to the ribbon,close to the flower. Some green pearls finished my card as shown above.

    I hope you'll join us this week and link up your projects using the inspiration theme,  use something kraft or any item that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!
 Supplies

6 comments:

  1. Kristi, I am going to Pin your card, then I can use it as my inspiration, LOL! LOVE this....so pretty, and I have wanted to make one of those bags for a long time myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! great match to your inspiration piece. I added your board to my pinterest...a while back...so much eye candy with all your pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and a good take on the apron. A fun card too be sure Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so soft and pretty and feminine, Kristi!! Beautiful!!
    Greetings from Africa!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...