Saturday, April 19, 2014

Where There Is Love.......Spring Ladybug Card

Happy Saturday to you all! I hope my post finds you well and happy! We're preparing fro Easter tomorrow. I have some dishes to prepare for our family get together and some Easter eggs to fill and decorate. My children are older, but we have little ones in the family that love a good egg hunt!
 Today's card is full of spring flowers and a sweet little lady bug!
I've used bits of two different stamp sets from JustRite Papercraft's April release, Home Tweet Home and Garden Tools. I masked the flowers and foliage to create a flower bush  and stamped them in a few colors of ink. to fill them in. I used a water brush, swiped to ink pad and water colored it in. The sky background was colored with my B000 Copic. That is my favorite color for blue skies.My little ladybug was stamped in black Memento ink and water colored with red ink. I adhered her with a foam dot for a dimensional look.I added a sequin to each flower center for a little more texture. I mounted my stamped panel onto a piece of light orange card stock stamped with the Burlap Background stamp. A complete list of supplies and where to find them are at the end of this post.
I hope you enjoyed your visit today I appreciate all of your wonderful comments; they are such a blessing to me! Have a wonderful Easter weekend filled with love and joy!


5 comments:

  1. The perfect Easter card. Love that lady bug. Nice bright but soft colors. Pretty and cute. Nicely done Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Kristi!! Such a cute little lady bug and I love all the sweet flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty, Kristi. I hope you'll stop by and share with us at Word Art Wednesday when you are able. I'd really enjoy having you play along. Have a blessed week and a wonderful Easter.
    Karen
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet ! I like how you used masking to make the bush of flowers. You are making me want those stamps ! Grrr!
    Hope you have a joyful Easter !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card, so very nicely done...perfect for spring! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...