Monday, May 12, 2014

Make It Monday At The Kraft Journal- It's A Sketch!

Happy Monday! It's time for a new challenge over at the Kraft Journal blog! It's a sketch this week:
Here's my version:
Sketches are my favorite jumping off points for card design. You can add or subtract from them as you design. I stayed pretty true to this sketch, I just added a couple of extra layers. I began by making a card base using Brown Kraft Cover Weight Card Stock cut at 4.25 by 5.5 inches (A2 size) I layered a red die cut panel according to the sketch, then added a patterned paper panel on top. I adhered a piece of Natural Burlap Ribbon across the bottom third of the card,then layered some green twine from the Dark Jewel Hemp Twine Pack. I added  a bow made from cream and red stitched ribbon on top of the hemp bow. After stamping the flower wreath and sentiment, I die cut it in a label shaped and adhered it to the middle left of the card, following the sketch.Three green enamel dots finish off the right side of the card.

  I hope you'll join us this week and link up your projects using the inspiration theme,  use something kraft or any item that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Kristi. Black, red and brown are tricky to put together and you did a great job with them. The white bow and touches of green really help to bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dies, love the colours ...love everything about this card!!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, this is just beautiful! I love the colors and your beautiful execution of the sketch! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...