Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Spread Your Wings..Pinterest Inspired Card

Good morning! I hope your week is going well so far. It's the first week of summer vacation and we are having a blast! I love the lazy summer days,sleeping in a little, tending the flowers, late suppers and not having an 'official' bedtime. It wont' last, but I'm relishing every moment!
I have a card for you today that I made using my Card Inspiration board on Pinterest. Anything I come across on the web that could possibly be parlayed into a card design is pinned there. For some reason, tablescapes seem to be the most pinned. Maybe because they are linear. Most tables are square and rectangle,so I guess it's easy to imagine.
Here is my inspiration picture

I've used the colors and patterns shown here, I tried to incorporate the wood grain pattern, but it would not come together. Maybe next time. I didn't use the touch of purple either, but I recently saw a beautiful dress that had lavender ,navy blue, grey and white. It's stuck in my brain, so I'll probably make a card with that combination soon. I love blue and white china and tried to replicate the look on my card using JustRite PaperCraft's Iron Swirls Background Stamp. The focal image is from the Butterflies set. Both are part of the May release.All of the dies are from Spellbinder's Heirloom Legacy Card Creator die set.

Other supplies:
  • card stock-Bazzil (navy blue), Papertrey Ink-(Ripe Avocado,white)
  • ribbons-May Arts
  • dark blue ink (Heidi Swapp) 
 Where do you find card inspiration? Have a wonderful day!♥

5 comments:

  1. Really nice design Kristi. Like the black on green and that center is gorgeous. The bow just finishes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job to create such a lovely card from the beautiful inspiration photo, Kristi!! What a stunning colour combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, its a beauty! Love those colors together, would never have thought to combine them, but again you are a master of layers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card!!! I love the colors and the design, perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...