Monday, June 16, 2014

Make It Monday At The Kraft Journal-Shabby Chic

Happy Monday and welcome to another challenge from The Kraft Journal! This week's theme is Shabby Chic. This is a style near and dear to my heart and one of my favorite styles ever. I've always loved the sweet feminine and slightly time worn style that shabby chic offers and dreamed of having a country cottage decorated in pink and aqua. Of course, since I share a home with hubby and kids, shabby chic is not practical for my home, so I get my fix making cards!
I reached for my Graphic 45 Botanical Tea papers and pulled some favorite designs out. A pink stripe,a green polka dot and my favorite rose pattern was the inspiration for the rest of my card. I started out with an ivory card base at about 5.5 by 5.5 inches. I cut the patterned patterned papers at graduated intervals  and machine stitched around the edges of each square. I then layered them at slight angles for a collaged and casual look. I cut the focal image from a piece of patterned paper and adhered it on the front of the card.
I adhered a lace frame around the focal image and embellished it as shown with seam binding ribbon, paper flowers,green pearls and a resin bird. I stamped the sentiment (from JustRite PaperCraft's Magnolia Vintage Labels Seven set) onto a die cut label and adhered to the left of the focal image. I think it turned out sweet. It may be one of my recent favorites!

Kraft Outlet items used:
    I hope you'll join us this week and link up your projects using the inspiration theme,  use something kraft or any item that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely, lovely...so much pretty goodness in this one...I think it is a favorite of mine too...since I live in a log home I "heart" shabby chic, too, maybe if I could have it in my home I would "heart" something else...lol...who knows...but like you , it is a favorite of mine...loving all your gorgeous layers and details as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw the challenge topic, I thought to myself that you would totally rock this...and you did! You are the Queen of Shabby, Kristi! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. " Nobody does it better.
    Makes me feel sad for the rest.
    Nobody does it half as good as you.
    Baby, you're the best"
    Okay so you're not a super spy, but seriously, that James Bond theme song popped into my head the second I saw your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautful shabby card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fantabulously glorious card - your shabby chic style is very pretty. This one especially is pretty with a "vintage/botanical" flavor. Gorgeous colors - hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...