Monday, July 14, 2014

Make It Monday At The Kraft Journal-Sunshine

Happy Monday morning to you! It's time for a new Make It Monday challenge at The Kraft Journal blog. In keeping with summer, the theme this week is 'Sunshine'. You can interpret the theme any way you wish, just make use you use a kraft item or anything purchased or available at the Kraft Outlet shop. I made a sunburst card this week.
It sort of has a quilted look with the different patterned papers I used. I started my card with a Blank Brown Kraft Note Card. I die cut several pieces of patterned paper into triangles and adhered them in a sunburst pattern, trimming the edges of the paper along the top and sides of the card base as needed. I die cut two circles for the sun center and attached a sun shaped sequin to the middle with a brad. I then adhered a scalloped trim to the middle of the card and wrapped a piece of Mint Green Tea Seam Binding around it, tying it in a bow on the left side. I added another bow made from some yellow twine from the Pastel Hemp Cording Pack . I then added a tiny clothespin to the bows. The sentiment was stamped on the bottom right corner in brown ink.  Patterned papers are from the Mint Julep 6x6 paper pad by Basic Grey. The sentiment and sunbusrt die is from Papertrey Ink. Sunburst sequin by Jenni Bowlin. Trim from Webster's Pages.
   I hope you'll join us this week and link up your projects using the inspiration theme,  use something kraft or any item that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!

8 comments:

  1. You have no idea how fabulous this is! It looks ah-mazing! You have the prettiest papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!! LOVE all the pp

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design to use up all of those scraps we all have!! Pretty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun cozy quilted feel this card gives, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the prettiest sunburst cards I have ever seen. The mix of patterns, it reminds me of a homespun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH yes, I do like your sunburst card...love making those, but love your choice of pretty and happy colors and the added bit of crochet lace is a perfect touch, why can't I ever think of these things...well at least you have inspired me...once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Kristi! How beautifully sweet and heart-warming! The attention to detail in the arrangement around your bow is perfect, right down to the clothes-line theme! You are so talented! Of course, I've pinned your project. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...