Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Can't Believe It's Been Four Years!

I missed it by a month, but my fourth blogging anniversary came at the end of July! It's been an exciting trip and I'm constantly amazed at how far I've come as a card maker. I've spent countless hours watching tutorials, reading other blogs and trying to improve my skills in design as well as execution. I've set goals: many I met,others did not gel. Oh well, that's OK, I've given myself permission to fail!

I've made many friendships here, as part of design teams and with my wonderful readers. It's been so much fun! I admit, there are times when my creativity has hit a block and I've stepped away from blogging for months at a stretch. I think everyone needs time to recharge. I've even had moments that I wanted to quit completely,just sell all my crafting supplies and move on to something else.

Then I realized that I'm really at my happiest creating something, anything! So I'm sticking around for a while longer!
 Ok, I've said all this to get to this; I need your input!  I would like to expand my offerings here at Kristi's Paper Creations! I would like to do some regular features and perhaps some tutorials (maybe YouTube videos?)  What would you like to see here? Product reviews? Tutorials? More cards? I'm open to any suggestion. I'm also sweetening this deal! Anyone who responds in the comments with a helpful suggestion or request will be entered into a drawing for a $50 e-gift certificate from A Cherry On Top!




 How's that for a deal? I have disabled anonymous comments for spam purposes. If you don't have a Blogger account and would still like to participate, please use the 'contact me' link at the top of the page to shoot me an email. I will announce the winner in approximately two weeks, on or about September 10th.
The winner will recieve the e-gift card by email, so you must have a valid email address to win! A Cherry On Top ships worldwide, so if you are international, you are eligible. Please note that all shipping charges,VAT or customs fees are your responsibility. I am not responsible for any issues that result in the use of the e-gift certificate. It will be considered a gift from me:) I am not affiliated with A Cherry On Top in any way, just a satisfied customer!

Since you come here to see cards, I've got one for you! This card was published in the November 2013 issue of CARDS magazine, as part of a feature on sewing:
Thanks for stopping by!

Kristi♥

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Kristie. The stitching is a nice bonus. Most of the ladies like tutorials. I don't know that it matters what medium you use but I know some of the social media is not always liked or trusted. (Me included). I would suggest if that is the direction you wish to go, pictorial or video tutorials right on your blog would work well. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Kristie! And congratulations on four years of Blogging--your blog is one of my favorites! I love seeing your pretty cards and would certainly enjoy any sort of feature you add. Again, congrats and continued best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your blogging anniversary! I am one of your many followers and love seeing what you post every day. Your cards are always an inspiration. I'm always looking for new card layouts.
    So keep them coming! I love when one does a video on how they made their cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristi!
    I think that you have a great blog! It's always a pleasure seeing your creations.
    I love it when bloggers share their likes and dislikes regarding products. I do the majority of my craft supply shopping online, so it's great to hear about what works and what doesn't.
    Congratulations on your blogaversary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading this! Happy blogaversary! You have not failed because a goal was not met. I can't believe you want to shut down and pack it all away. You call me if you ever have terrible thoughts like that again! Nothing wrong with breaks! I would love sewing on card tutorials and tips. I have the machine. Clueless and not enough patience to figure it out. Ha! Ex: how do you cover the stitch lines if you sew on the base? Easiest way to stop and end without looking messy. Easy things for most, but basics for those learning. I love that you looking to add more to your blog! You are one of the most creative and gifted paper crafters I know! Look forward to seeing more of it! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending warm congratulations to you on your fourth anniversary, I think I have been following you via email, feedly or bloglovin most of that time. I never tire of your creations. Your so talented with layers and colors. A video on how you make choices, and how you layer would be so awesome. Wishing you all the best, and I am looking forward to more of your wonderful cards. Oh ya...you were the first paper crafter blogger I ever followed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, Congrats on the 4 year Anniversary. I have been blogging that long, and feel sad when I remember some great cardmakers such as yourself, that have decided to call it quits. I still miss them...their work was such a joy to see...JUST LIKE YOURS!

    This card is really pretty. I'm also someone who enjoys seeing tutorials...or some pics to see how cards are done along the way...
    Your one line in your above post...Jumped out at me "there are times when my creativity has hit a block." That's where I am right now...on a big creativity slump. Can't seem to make anything...

    Please continue to make such lovely cards and post...Your lovely cards are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your fourth blogiversary! I think it's been about two years since I discovered your blog and fell in love with your wonderful style. I love the idea of you doing videos, and I'd love to see you do the shabby chic style that I think you do best, There are lots of videos of the CAS style, but I haven't found much on the more layered, frilly, feminine style with the gorgeous mixes of patterned paper that you excel at ( like that beautiful one today). Oh, and the Kristi bows, I lurve the Kristi bows, and would love to see how you come up with them !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your anniversary coming up! I love your layered style so I'd like to see photo or video tutorials on your creative process such as how to come up with pleasing layered elements that are not necessary from a collection. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kristi..."Happy" blog anniversary!! I have enjoyed you blog for quite sometime now, and goodness, you quit...noway..whew, so glad you didn't, however I think we all have had those same thoughts at one time or another..it has it's days..lol!! I would love to see some videos, heck just the way your put your lovely layers together would be fantastic!! I bought a really nice little video set up from Target, but I have never been able to get it to load to youtube as it wants a password I don't seem to have, maybe my 13 year old grandson can come to my rescue...LOL...I wish you the best....and this card is fabulous..I have a bunch of paper sitting on my desk right now that would be great for a card like this.....have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Happy Blogoversary! I think I stopped breathing for a sec when you said you have felt like just selling all your supplies and moving on. Whew! Glad that was a fleeting thought for you! Your blogging friends would miss your inspiration!

    You were one of my very first friends when I actively joined the blogosphere. Your comments (especially during the rocky first few months!) really helped me out and made me smile! And, you have always helped me out with questions via email. I can't tell you how lucky I am to have you as a blogging friend.
    I agree with Diane...I would love to see how you do your layers. You always seem to know the perfect textures and colors to combo for layers. After that, it would be sewing on cards. I have never tried it but it always looks so nice on your cards.

    Congrats again! Have a great Labor Day Weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huge congratulations on your 4-year blog anniversary! I can't believe that you had thoughts of selling all your supplies and try something else! My goodness! Please never do that for you are so talented! Would love to see videos on how you design and layer your cards. I seem to never know when to stop adding to a card, or my balance on the card is just not right. Take care and have a wonderful weekend!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to you and your card is lovely! I always like seeing videos on different techniques that can be used, and also product reviews of some of the newer products. Sewing on cards is something I would like to know more about too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your anniversary. I have only just started my own blog so you are an inspiration for me. I would love to see more samples using the Justrite stamps as I just love them. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogaversary, Krista - I love seeing your beautiful layered cards, anything else you add would be a bonus!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...