Monday, August 11, 2014

Make It Monday At The Kraft Journal

Happy Monday morning to you! It's time once again for a new Make It Monday challenge at The Kraft Journal blog. This week's theme is 'What's On Your Work Desk". Use something that is on your work desk now and incorporate it into your creation.
I recently went through a purging and re-organization of my craft room. I found this stamp set I purchased at Micheal's on clearance. I don't remember when I bought it,but the copyright date is 2011, so it's been in the last few years. It's never been out of the box, so I laid it on my desk to play with later. I've never used these type of build a scene stamps before,so I practiced on some scrap paper to try and get the feel of how they worked. Once I was ok with stamping, I made a straight line across the card with a pencil and ruler to set my horizon. This is where I would ground everything.Before stamping the trees, I spritzed the inked stamp with a fine mist of water. This gives the trees a water color effect. I stamped the small trees in dark green first. I made them the darkest because they are the furthest away. I started stamping the trees one by one using different shades of green for interest. One of my little trees appears to be floating a bit, but hand made cards aren't perfect!*laugh* I stamped my deer in brown. I did not spritz them with water before, I wanted them to be crisp. I used my water brush, dipped into some Broken China Distress Ink, and painted the sky.
I then stamped the sentiment in brown in the top right corner. To assemble the final card, I matted the stamped panel onto green and brown card stock, then finally onto a brown kraft card base.I then found some natural colored canvas ribbon in my stash and wrapped it around the card front and tied it into a knot.  All supplies are linked at the bottom of the post.

I hope you'll join us this week and link up your projects using the inspiration theme,  use something kraft or any item that can be purchased at The Kraft Outlet store.Remember, all followers of The Kraft Journal blog who link up their projects are entered into a monthly drawing for a $15 voucher from The Kraft Outlet. You also have the chance to have your work featured on Feature Me Friday. Hope to see you there!


3 comments:

  1. Love the softness of this nature scene, wonderful card Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty scene...the watercolor effect on the trees are gorgeous!! A great card for a man I think, which I am terrible at!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...