Friday, September 19, 2014

Fall Mum Card-Cas On Friday

Happy Friday my sweet friends! TGIF! We're halfway through September and even though it's still reaching 80+ degrees everyday here in Georgia, I'm still having a blast making fall cards! It doesn't start cooling down here until about mid October and really our winters here are just an extended fall. It rarely stays cold here for very long. I STILL planted some yellow mums in the planters on my front porch yesterday. They're just beginning to open, so by October they should be a beautiful burst of yellow next to my red front door.

My card today is a super simple CAS card, I've been exploring a cleaner style lately,mainly because they are very challenging for me and I want to improve my design skills. I also like the idea of NOT taking 3 hours to make one card and having something that can actually be mailed First Class! lol

I recently purchased Mum's The Word from Papertrey Ink as well as the matching dies. It's been on my wishlist for a while and I finally ordered it. I cheated a bit here and cut out the flowers so I could play with the arrangement before committing to the design.  Ideally I would have all of the leaves and flowers stamped directly on the card base. Baby steps! The dies will come in handy to use as masks for stamping. I added a bit of twine at where the stems intersect to give a bouquet feel and a bit of texture. I love the sweet sentiment, it can be used for many different occasions, thinking of you, sympathy, missing you or just because.

I hope you liked today's card. Thanks for coming by and have a great weekend!♥



Supplies--


9 comments:

  1. This is a new look for you, but I like it Kristi, so pretty!!! I have always loved those PTI mums...really should get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stamp set is on my wish list also! Lovely card. I like the colours that you chose. Your work is always so pretty. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous!! Found you on Pinterest and just had to tell you how beautiful this is! :-) Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the mums. Giving them some dimension really makes a difference. Great card. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do like the card! It is simply beautiful and I do like the easy to mail bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done...I too sometimes like the clean and simple look....elegant, but yet easy to mail...a job well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I not only LIKE this card, I LOVE this card. You not only do layers well...you do CAS well. A real challenge for me....but I am working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this CAS design and the earthy colors look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...