Sunday, September 14, 2014

Paper Sweeties September Release Countdown!

Happy Sunday and welcome to the Paper Sweeties September release countdown. New stamps and dies will be available tonight at midnight for purchase. There is a sweet sentiment set named 'Smitten' in the release. It's a collection of love and wedding themed sentiments. My card for you today was made for an Autumn wedding.
It's no secret if you've been a regular reader here that I just adore Autumn cards! It's by far my favorite season and I love everything about it. Football, turning leaves, pumpkin spice lattes from Starbuck's and sweaters!  My fall leaves are die cut from vellum and water colored with Distress Inks using a water brush. I think they have a delicate quality and look quite stunning. I simply took my Distress Ink pad and smeared it onto my nonstick craft sheet and picked up the color with a wet water brush. I applied the color to the leaves using the lightest color first and the darkest toward the ends. The vellum will curl when it's wet, So I just laid them under a heavy book overnight and they were flat in the morning. The lace I used is from Hobby Lobby and was white. I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink over it to age it a bit. I found the brass heart charm in my stash. It was purchased quite a number of years ago. I think it was from Anna Griffin. The thin brown ribbon is from Martha Stewart,but has been discontinued. All other supplies are linked at the bottom of the post.

Click the links below to visit the Paper Sweeties designers. They have more wonderful projects showcasing the new release.

Kristi Schurr>>you are here
Larissa Heskett





I hope you'll join us tomorrow for the release party! Thanks for stopping over and have a beautiful day!


Supplies used not listed below:

lace trim-Hobby Lobby
brass heart,brown thin ribbon-my stash

4 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Pretty leaves, heart, and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! I adore the beautiful gold accent! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...