Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Focus On What Matters Most-JustRite PaperCraft October Release

Hi and welcome to day one of the October release from JustRite PaperCraft. We have some fun stamps for you this month starting with Bokeh Time and Bokeh Polka Dot Background stamps. I'm sure you've seen the bokeh craze that's hit paper crafting lately. It's the look of lights that are out of focus. It becomes a pretty,  soft effect of luminescent, floating shapes, usually round. It's seen mostly  in photographs, although I saw it in a TV show last night.
For my background, I've taken a piece of water color paper and inked it with a couple of shades of pink ink. I've simply taken my ink pad and swiped it across an acrylic stamping block,spritzed it heavily with water and pressed the block to the paper and stamped the color down. I allowed it to dry and built my bokeh using the round bokeh stamps in Bokeh Time and white pigment ink.I started with the largest circle and stamped it all over the panel. I went down to the next smaller size circle,stamped it and went on to the next smaller size and so on. I covered my panel evenly with bokeh, but you could concentrate them in just a few areas. You could also vary the shapes by using the hearts or stars or other shapes  included in the set. Just play around with them until you are happy.All supplies are linked at the bottom of the post


We're also featuring the new Bokeh Polka Dot Background Stamp.

More inspiration from the JustRite design team can be found at the links below:

Join us tomorrow for more release inspiration from JustRite PaperCraft!




3 comments:

  1. What a neat look on this card! It's a technique that I have never tried but you have me intrigued...Another technique on my to try someday wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely background Kristi and I like the pretty little butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi,
    What a beautiful card, so girly. Love the background, and the butterfly is the perfect accent. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...