Saturday, October 4, 2014

Thanks For Caring-JustRite PaperCraft October Release Day Four

Happy Saturday and welcome to the final day of the October release from JustRite PaperCraft! I am featuring a pretty mini set today called Sweet Posies. It is a sweet little bouquet of flowers and some simple sentiments to match.

 The design emphasis for this release has been on water coloring. If you follow our JustRite Tuesday Tutorials on YouTube, you'll know that we have been sharing different water color techniques for your projects. The technique I used to stamp my image is so very easy and you get beautiful results! All you need is some water based markers and a spray bottle of water. I colored directly on the stamp with my markers using the colors I chose. I made my posy bouquet purple and the leaves green. If you mix your colors a bit on the stamp, it's OK. It doesn't have to be perfect! Once you finish coloring your stamp as desired, take a small spray bottle (I used MiniMisters by Ranger) and wet the stamp, and stamp as normal. You can play around with the amount of water you add to get different looks. The more water, the less defined the image. Using less water will give you a more solid image. After I let my paper dry, I used my water colors to fill in the flower with a very light purple and painted a blue background. I also flicked a little green and purple on the panel for some texture.
Speaking of texture, I used the new Crackle Background stamp on the card base. I ADORE this background and know it will be one I use over and over again.



 We're also introducing you to another new background today called Sweet Vines.
Use the links below for more inspiration from the talented JustRite design team:


Another reminder that JustRite is also having an awesome sale for the next few days. See the graphic below for all the details. Click on it to be taken to the sale in the JustRite shop.

I want to thank you for joining us this month for the new release. I appreciate all of your sweet comments and visits! Have a great weekend!



8 comments:

  1. So very pretty and feminine Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am love love loving seeing all the watercolor creations you gals are putting out. It is the new rage but it is a media that has been around forever. Now we have so many new ideas for watercoloring that I can't wait to jump in and try my hand at some of your great ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, that card is so lovely and soft and feminine. Just beautiful. What a wonderful technique to use for this particular image. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, and great job with your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card with the water color technique! Very pretty image with gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soft, BEAUTIFUL card, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...