Sunday, December 14, 2014

Deer And Wreath Christmas Card

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope your weekend is going great! We've been trying to finish our Christmas shopping and getting it all wrapped and under the tree. Between the traffic and crowded stores, it been a stressful challenge! 'Tis the season! I  mentioned in my last post that I am mass producing Christmas cards for friends and family this year. I don't like to make the exact card more than twice, so I decided to make them slightly different. I picked out a few design elements and colors,then began pulling supplies out of my stash that matched. I made all of the components first and then began making card bases. I just pulled different components and arranged them until I was happy with the result. This is one of the cards I came up with.
They're all super simple in order to fit into an envelope for mailing or hand delivering. I decided on a rustic theme this year. I love how the kraft, red and green colors play together so well. The wood grain paper is from Avery Elle. I love the delicate grain; I can't find an embossing folder that looks this realistic.There is a white version  available as well. My deer head punch from EK Success is one of my absolute favorites! I bought it last year at my local Joann. The wreath is a Memory Box die called Cascadia Wreath. Not necessarily a Christmas wreath, but it'll do. The last die I used is from Spellbinders Ribbon Banners. If you are interested in locating any of the items I've used here,see the product list at the end of the post.

Stay tuned this week as I'll be showing you some similar cards and how I've taken just a few different supplies and made a variety of cards. I hope you'll come back to see them. Have a wonderful day!


6 comments:

  1. Just loved to the country, so I love your card. It's simple and rustic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, love the diecuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Krisit, love that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card....love that woody background paper...along with the diecut wreath! Super duper! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...and I LOVE that deer head punch...and goodness the wood grain background paper looks like REAL wood!! Can't wait to the rest of them!! Have a Merry Christmas my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply STUNNING!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...