Saturday, December 27, 2014

Some Shabby Chic Goodness

Hello my sweet friends! I hope your holiday was wonderful! We're recovering from Santa's visit and all the wonderful food we prepared and shared with our loved ones. Everyone got what they asked for, so I'm feeling blessed! I have some cards to share with you today. These are a bit different from what I usually create.
I've long been a fan of Anna Griffin: I have some of her stamps from at least ten or more years ago that I will never part with. I've always loved her floral papers and have purchased just about every one that's been made in 6x6 format  the last couple of years. She recently had a super sale and I ordered one of the card kits. I've resisted card kits because I felt that I had to made all of my cards from "scratch". I'm the type of person that takes at least a couple of hours to make a card. My stash is vast and choices are many and there have been times where I really needed a particular card in a hurry,but didn't have time to make one.

This kit came with everything pre-cut and all I've added are some die cut or embossed papers. All I had to do is literally place everything where I wanted and glue it down. So easy! I made over a dozen cards the last few days and I love them all. I'm holding onto some and placing some in my Etsy. Here a few of them.




I had a blast making these! I promise I'm not going to abandon stamping just yet! I just wanted to share with you another way of creating something beautiful for the ones you love and moving out of my crafting "box" so to speak.  Have a wonderful evening and thank you so much for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Kristi, these cards are beautiful. I love all that depth. It reminds me of the 3-D decoupage that I did years ago. I do some of my cards from kits. That's how I got started in card making by joining a kit-of-the-month club. Now I'm hooked....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Kristi, these are absolutely charming cards. I love the Vintage look of Anna's creations. I am inspired to dig in my never ending stash, and create some time consuming creations of my own! Haha Thanks for the inspiration! www.stampinribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautifully done Krisit, so feminine and romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty! What a grand shabby collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Love the vintage feel!
    I had a wonderful Christmas...and yes...Family, Food, Friends and Fellowship was the order of the day! ;-) Best wishes to you in 2015 and hoping that it is an awesome year! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done cards with the gorgeous Anna Griffin goodies!!! Love how you have put them all together and I know it must be hard to "use" them...lol...I do the same thing, buy and then hoard them...I am using some "hoarded" goodies later this month, I can always buy new..right?? Have a great day my friend and thanks for sharing these with us...full of inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...