Monday, January 19, 2015

Vintage Typewriter Valentine

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I had some quality time in my craft room recently. I've been putting together some Valentine cards for various family members, for my personal use and a couple of  paid commissions. Today's card is one I put in my Etsy shop for sale recently. It's geared toward the masculine side.
The stamp was found in the dollar bin at my local Michael's store last year. Sometimes I find the cutest little stamps there! The papers are from My Mind's Eye; I think it's the Lost And found Ruby pad. The chevrons you see on the banner are from an American Crafts punch I found at Target recently as well as the puffy hearts. The corrugated cardboard is from my stash. I rescued it from the trash can. I can't remember if I used a sketch for this one; I think it was,but I changed it so much you wouldn't recognize it. Sketches are awesome starting points if you're not sure how you want to lay out your card.

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by,I'll be back soon.

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute...love that typewriter!! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one sweet Valentine card, Krisit! I love that vintage typewriter and those wonderful hearts! Take care and have a great week!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Kristi! Hope you have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Valentines card Kristi!
    I love the dollar bin at Michael's as well, you definitely can find some buried treasures there.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! I think I need to check that bin out more often. That stamp really looks cute on this lovely card that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vintage feel of your beautiful card, Kristi!!!!
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, pretty, pretty!!! I love the corrugated heart, a great rescue....and all of the other little details that make it so special!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...