Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Introducing Morning Glory-JustRite Papercraft Winter CHA 2015 Release

Good morning! It's part two of the CHA release festivities from JustRite Papercraft. Today we're focusing on projects made with Morning Glory Cling Stamps and Upcycled Woodgrain Background. I've used Morning Glory on my card for you today.
Many years ago I planted some morning glory seeds at the base of my mailbox post and forgot about them. In a couple of weeks,the seed germinated and began growing really fast. Before the end of the summer, the vines grew so that you could not see the post or the mailbox! My husband had to trim it away from the door so the mail carrier could open it. Unfortunately, morning glory is an annual here and I never did plant anymore after that. I ended up planting some lantana that comes back every year.

Enough about my morning glory, let's talk about this stamp! I stamped the flower on water color paper in black Memento ink and used a water brush and my Distress Ink pads to color it. I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of water color paper and die cut it with a scalloped oval Spellbinder die. I really like the green and purple color combination, I think it's stunning. The construction is pretty straight forward and simple, I just embossed the green layer and added a die cut border under the cream stamped panel for texture and interest. A little purple silk ribbon and a green glass embellishment was all it took to finish my card off nicely.

I didn't use the Upcycled Woodgrain Background today, but here's a peek at it:
Lots of gorgeous inspiration awaits you from the JustRite design team. Use the links below to visit our talented deisgners!

JustRite Papercraft is also running the following promotions, click the graphic to be taken to the JustRite online store.


 Thanks for stopping over for a visit today, I'll be back tomorrow with a new card for you!

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Kristi those morning glories are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put together Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The morning glories are just lovely! Gorgeous color and wonderful design...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Morning Glories....I love the nice bold size of the flower, and again the water coloring is gorgeous!! Makes me want to plant morning glories again myself...they are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...