Thursday, February 26, 2015

Vintage Rose Birthday Card

Hello friends! I hope this post finds you warm and well. If you are caught in those dreadful winter storms as of late in the US I hope you are snuggled in tight. Snow missed us by a few miles, we only had some cold, cold rain. I'm not complaining, but my daughter is driving now and I worry for her.

Today I'm sharing a birthday card. I have recently become enamored of old vintage images. I guess I should say re-enamored? Back in the early nineties, there was a little shop in a nearby town that specialized in Victorian reproduction ephemera. I loved going there to get pretty postcards and look at all of the beautiful items they carried. I still have a few things I bought back then. Unfortunately most of it is gone. I remembered how they used to carry these die cut images in sheets. I wasn't making cards at the time and had no use for them. Well, I found some for sale online recently and went crazy! Here's the first card I made using them.
  I used almost the last of my Melissa Frances Classic Elegance paper. The colors matched perfectly! I need to find some more of that and Fifth Avenue, it's becoming scarce. I've taken several die cuts and layered them to form the bouquet. I like that these are flat except for some slight embossing, I think I could send this one through the mail quite easily. The sentiment is from Birthday Wishes For You by JustRite Papercraft. 

Oh I almost forgot, if you want to know where I bought the die cuts, click here to visit the Etsy store.

That's all for today,thank you kindly for stopping over. Join me early next week for a new JustRite Papercraft release!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous vintage birthday card with beautiful paper and lovely die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and soft colored birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm a big fan of vintage flower images and that is lovely.
    Hope you are well, sorry I haven't been by in a while. I'm looking forward to catching up on all your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...