Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Botanical Collaged Cards

Happy Wednesday everyone! Finally we're getting some milder temperatures here in Georgia. Hopefully winter has packed up and moved on for now. With spring soon on us and in our minds, I've been looking through my paper collection recently attempting to find some long neglected papers to use for some cards. I tend to forget what I have if I don't look at them at least once in a while. I came across a paper pad and matching die cut pack called Curiosity by Kaisercraft. Here are two cards I put together.

There was this really cool die cut of a flower under a cloche that I thought was just so beautiful! It is really large so the card is a 5x7 incher. I've been reading up on the 'rule of thirds' in design and attempted to consciously put it in play. If you're not familiar with the concept of thirds in design, a good YouTube video can be seen here. In the video it is explained by a photographer concerning photos, but the same principle applies to cards or anything that requires composition.

Here's another one as well:
This one also follows the rule of thirds, more or less! Rules are made to be broken sometimes! Just out of curiosity, I went back and looked at a lot of my cards to see how they stacked up the the rule. I noticed that my most successful and pleasing cards actually did follow it. I was using the rule without realizing it. The eye likes what the eye likes, so next time you're working on a card and it isn't coming together, think of the rule of thirds an try applying it to your project and see if it works for you.

Thanks for stopping by today and reading my ramblings! Have a great day, I'll see you again soon!♥

9 comments:

  1. These are both just GORGEOUS! Love the images, colors and patterns you've combined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with LeAnne!! these are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful.Love the images and layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful Kristi. Very vintage, which I adore. Wonderful card. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really stunning. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vintage collage cards...so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! I especially like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are very pretty! I watched the Rule of Thirds video from the link you posted. That was very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...