Friday, April 10, 2015

Bird Water Color Thanks Card

Happy Friday my friends! I hope your week was wonderful and you're looking forward to a nice Spring weekend! I have a sweet thank you card today I made using a water color stamping technique.
 Firstly, I found this gorgeous Hero Arts stamp at my local Micheal's for $4.97. Score! I'm a huge sucker for bird stamps, so in my basket it went.  In order to get this look, I colored the stamp with my Distress Markers, using whatever color I wanted for a particular element. Afterwards, I used a Mini Mister to mist it slightly with water, then stamped it onto water color paper. I stamped the image more than once as each time you get a different look. Once they dried, I picked the one I liked the best and die cut it using an oval Spellbinder die. I would like to note that it's important to use water color paper specifically, this effect isn't as pretty on plain card stock. I'm using Strathmore 300 120lb cold press. You can find it at all the big box box art/craft stores.
I also used a fretwork die and border punch by Anna Griffin, some cool crochet trim my daughter gave me for Christmas and some rose pink seam binding. The little pearl buttons were found at Joann in the sewing department. I almost forgot to tell you,the cute 'thanks' sentiment came in a little stamp set I picked up at the dollar spot at Target. Who knew? I love the font.

Here's a little closeup of the good stuff:
 The cool thing I love about this technique is that it's never the same look twice and it's a surprise to see how it turns out. I've used this technique in a couple of other cards,  My Sweet Posies card and my Whisper Of Wings card. I would like to try it on some multi-step stamps to see what it looks like. If the results are good, I'll post it here for you to see.

Thanks for stopping by today, ya'll have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. OH Kristi, this is stunning. I love the water coloring and love your gorgeous bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Just gorgeous, Kristi! Love the water colored bird...so pretty! Very pretty ribbon and dies used, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft & warm...LOVE the colours and layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so lovely! I love birds and that stamp is gorgeous done with the water colours, and you're right, that font is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such soft, sweet colors. SO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Your water coloring technique turned out so nicely! Like the soft colors and that pretty bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Kristi! You might want to link this one to the challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. It's "Things With Wings" (plus Ribbon), and we'd LOVE to have you play along. Really Reasonable Ribbon has GORGEOUS ribbons, laces and trims, and you could be the lucky winner! I hope you will play along. It's always so nice to see your sweet cards.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...