Saturday, June 27, 2015

My Sheri Crafts Challenge 160-Patriotic

Happy Saturday! It's time for a new challenge over at My Sheri Crafts! This time we're calling out for your patriotic projects. July Fourth is almost here,so show us your pride!  I love making patriotic cards, I like to make them distressed and vintagey for some reason.
I used what is left of my Authentique "Glory" paper pad. It has to be hands down my favorite patriotic collection. The colors are just right and the papers are gorgeous. I purchased the cute vintage boy image from a shop on Etsy. There are so many neat image collages to buy there! My card is pretty straightforward in design. Kraft base and LOTS of layers that have been super distressed. I finished it off with a star fish tailed banner,some antiqued and crumpled red seam binding, and a cute glittered star for sparkle. The sentiment was stamped using one of my alpha sets.

Supply breakdown:
  • card stock-PaperTrey Ink Classic Kraft
  • patterned paper-Authentique 'Glory'
  • vintage boy image-Pixie Land Farm
  • red seam binding-Stamp Simply Store
  • banner die-Spellbinders
  • star dies-Spellbinders
  • fish tail flag punch-EK Success
  • glittered star-Recollections
  • stamps-American Crafts
I hope you'll join us this time and link your projects over at My Sheri Crafts. Have a wonderful weekend and hope to see you there!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful red, white, and blue card! Love the image and the distressed layers!

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this . . . it looks like something you found in an old trunk that belonged to your grandmother. It is very special and you are one creative and talented girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the distressed feel to this card and all its layers. That image is wonderful and works so well.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the whole design Kristi! You are right, I love the papers you used as well! It all looks wonderful!!! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi, I love your card! I do love the rustic look with the rough edges. I made mine to clean to call it rustic. LOL. I forgot I had one of those tools to do that with the paper edges. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful vintage card! I love the rustic touch with the distressing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...