Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pretty Peacock Birthday Card

Good evening, everyone! Hope you're having a fabulous week! Summer is setting in here with temps up into the nineties and pop-up thunderstorms almost every night. I was caught in a terrible gully washer yesterday afternoon. I almost had to swim home! LOL:) Today's card is one I made using this week's Mojo Monday Sketch. It's been yonks since I've played along with them and it has always been one of my favorite challenges.

I found these gorgeous downloadable graphics on Etsy and just couldn't resist! I've put some of my older Spellbinders dies to use here as well as some raw brass findings I've had in my stash for ages. I'm excited that the peacock graphic perfectly matched my teal and purple card stocks. A bit of black in the ribbon and matting layer give a depth to this card, making it more elegant, I think. The birthday sentiment is embossed in gold and is from JustRite Papercraft.  Of course where would I be without my trusty mulberry flowers? I've plastered them all over for some fun. :)  Here's a look at the sketch: I've rotated it for my card.
Here's a list of what I've used on this card:
  • Card stock-Papertrey Ink (Winter Wisteria, Plum Pudding, Basic Black, Tropical Teal
  • Peacock graphic-Cameo Shoppe (see them here)
  • Sentiment stamp-JustRite Papercraft (Large Elegant Sentiments)
  • Dies-Spellbinders (Romantic Rectangles,Moroccan Accents)
  • Flowers- Recollections
  • Ribbon-May Art
  • Embossing Folders- Anna Griffin
 I hope you've enjoyed your visit! Thanks for stopping over and have a wonderful evening!♥

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristi, your card is very pretty and so romantic, love the color combination and the big bow with the tag on it
    and welcome to my little blogsspace :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...