Saturday, July 11, 2015

Where Bloggers Create 2015- A Tour Of My Craft Room

Hi and welcome! I'm very happy to be able to participate in this year's Where Bloggers Create link party! Every year for the past six or seven years, Karen Valentine from My Desert Cottage hosts a blog hop where artists and makers of all kinds show you their work spaces. I participated back in 2013, and my room has had several changes since then. I don't know about you, but I love looking at different crafting spaces!

If you've never visited before, please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Kristi, I live in the United States with my husband of almost 21 years and teenage daughter. We share our home with one dog and two cats. I am primarily a card maker and it is what I mostly share here. I also scrapbook and dabbled in mixed media and altered art in my pre-blogging days. This post is picture heavy, so grab a cuppa and enjoy!

This is the view as you enter. This was previously my now grown son's room that I made into a guest room.The bed remains but hopefully will be gone one day soon. I kept it for my daughter who liked to have frequent slumber parties and they usually spilled over into this room. She's older now and doesn't have sleepovers anymore. I admit sometimes I do have a quick nap here! The walls were previously painted apple green and I used black and white accents. I decided to change it to a softer palette of sand,blue and green. I still kept black as an accent since it is so many of my storage pieces. Next, I'll show you my desk area.

This is the left wall as you walk into the room. I switched out my home made desk for a new one made from Ikea Alex drawer units and matching desktop. I absolutely love my desk! This is my primary work space.
In the middle of my desk is a self healing cutting mat. I keep my most often used tools and supplies nearby as well as plenty of Ott Light lamps!
My card stock is resting in office trays I bought at a local office supply store. My calendar and a magnetic burlap bulletin board help keep me organized. Clear stamping blocks are in the little burlap caddy and my most used scissors,tools and pens stay in the white caddy. I just made the vintage looking tag recently.

 The embellishment shelf right above my desk holds other needed supplies close at hand. The wood mounted stamps are here to remind me to use them. My favorite Walking Dead character Rick hangs from a key chain and keeps an eye out for any walkers that may sneak up behind me:)
The shelves above my desk hold lots of supplies and a few collections. The top shelf has a favorite paper mache bunny and some altered and mixed media projects. The small canvas on the right is a pink heart my daughter painted for me when she was very young. It is one of my prized pieces!
My collection of Ks and  a look at my Copic markers, Distress markers and colored pencils.
Here are my Spectrum Noir markers and some really cool jute trims my daughter gave me. I also keep my watercolors in the tan box as well as envelopes for my finished cards in the wood crate beside it.See my pink Marie Antoinette wall hanging?
                          To the right of my desk I have two ink pad and ribbon holders.

Underneath my desk I store my waste basket, my scrap card stock and two big boxes filled with my JustRite stamps. Here are a few shots of the inside of the desk drawers:
                                                                  Assorted adhesives

                                                           Scissors and baby wipes

                                                          paper cutters and ATG

                 Ribbons that do not have rolls are wound on ribbon cards and sorted by color.

                             Ribbons purchased on cards and assorted scraps are in this drawer.

                                                            Most used ink pads.

Embellishments stored in clear compartment boxes. They make it so easy to locate what I'm looking for!

As you go to the right, the next wall has two Alex drawer units and shelves above them. This is where I store my die collection and the bottom two shelves have my favorite stamps.
My die collection is sorted by shape and type. They consist mostly of Spellbinders brand, but I have others as well. They are stored on magnetic sheets from Crafter's Companion and labeled by name.

                           I love being able to flip through them quickly to find the one I want.

                                                 My beloved Cut'n'Boss! No more hand cranking!

                                                    Here is a peek inside the drawers:

                                                          Chipboard and stickers.
                                                             Martha Stewart punches.
                                                                     Fabric flowers.
                                                                         Bling, baby!
                                                            My Anna Griffin products.
                                            Embellishments in more crystal clear boxes
                                                                       Flowers!!!
                                                                     More flowers!

Here's a closeup of what is kept on the shelves above:
                                   My favorite stamps are stored in binders sorted by manufacturer.


             The top two shelves store finished cards sorted by occasion in acid free photo boxes and Anna Griffin Card Kits.


In front of the windows I have a table from Ikea. It's meant to be a dining table but thought it would go great in here. I store and use my Silhouette Portrait die cutting machine here as well as my Anna Griffin Minc.  My laptop and laser printer lives here as well. I use this space mainly for  pocket scrapbooking and project overflow space. Right next to the table in the corner is my stamp tower. I store all of my wood mounted stamps sorted by type.

Right next to the stamp tower is the closet. I finally got it organized enough to be camera ready!
I store my least used things here as well as duplicate items. My little calico cat, Callie, is seeing what she can get into! To the right of the closet is my cube cubby.


I purchased this cubby  organizer from my local Target store. I originally wanted the Kallax from Ikea, but none of them  fit in the space. This unit was made from one nine cubby unit and one six cubby unit. I attached them together with metal brackets on the back and it is secured to a stud in the wall for safety. All of my 6x6 inch paper pads are organized by manufacturer (more or less;) and various supplies are stored in the fabric bins below.
                                                                            Ribbon.
                                                              Misc tags and cards.
                                            Glues, Mod Podge,tape,etc>and my kitty, Callie!

The top of this unit is used mainly for  the display of some of my prettier supplies.

I have my mists and other inks in this spice rack I bought at TJ Maxx. I can bring it over to my desk when I need them. I have some of my prettiest ribbons displayed here on wooden spools. My neighbor made the embellished letter 'K' you see just beyond my dress form pincushion. Isn't it pretty?♥ Here are a few closeups of the top row of cubbies.
 I have washi tape stored in a glass jar along with some colorful paper straws. The little bird tassel is perched in a milk glass sherbet bowl. Scraps of ribbon are store in the next cubby.
A few years ago, My mother in law crocheted all of these pretty flowers. I have them stored here just waiting to be used on my next project.


 Okay, I've shown you my room all tidied up, but here's a look at it in action:
No matter how big my work area is, it always seems to be whittled down to about an 8 inch square of usable space!

I've had so much fun being able to show you my crafting space! I feel incredibly fortunate to have such a place all to myself. I'd also like to thank Karen Valentine for the wonderful opportunity to show you my space. Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

65 comments:

  1. Bed or no bed, you have a great creative space. I love how organized you are! It sure makes for easier crafting! Happy Creating, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly, this is a beautiful place. I love all your storage spaces. There isn't an IKEA within a 1000 miles of me, so I can only dream. I sure like your beautiful areas that show your gorgeous jars filled with fun and colorful items.

    I'm not a fan of Martha Stewart, but I LOVE her punches. They are the only ones I've not had trouble with. You have a lot more than I have, though.

    Thanks for sharing this beautiful space with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your drawers! They are organized kind of like mine and are fun to look in. You have lots of wonderful toys and tools to play with 😀 thank you for the tip on the magnetic sheets for our die cuts. I wrote down the manufacturer . Enjoy creating! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your space is very nice and inviting, whether to create or to lie down and have a nice nap.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. O MY Goodness!!!!! Your space is AMAZING... I love how you display your supplies and so so so so organized... and the way you organize.. Being organised is a talent.. which I don't have. lol I can see why this space is a happy place. Your work is awesome too.. I'm a new follower.. Look forward to your post..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi, how organized is this studio??.. and to have a place to have some shut eye too, that's amazing. I haven't seen the Cut n Boss before but will be checking it out now, Love your crafty space and thank-you for showing us around. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with your working space and your collection of ribbons, stamps, punchers and other supplies. I do envy you that in the USA all those things are quite cheap and there is such a wide range of them. For this reason I wish I lived in the USA.
    Have fun creating:-)
    Greetings:-)
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool space. I like those binders you keep your flat stamps in...do share where you got them. I have a huge draw full and I don't go to them often because they are hard to get to. Thanks for sharing your space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra! Thank you for your kind words! I'm sorry I didn't mention where I got my little binders. The 3 ring binders are available at most office supply stores and WalMart. The binder boxes can be purchased at Unikeep.com ♥

      Delete
  9. ...and I thought I had a ton of supplies!! Your organization skills are amazing! Love your 'MOM Cave"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! Love the room (and what a great idea to have a place for a quick nap - wish I had room for one of those) ;)

    So organized! You must have a wonderful time creating in there. Lovely colours too, so restful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....What a gorgeous room you have !! I love it. ...and it's so organized. Very inspiring,
    I really enjoyed the tour.
    Thank you for sharing. Happy crafting !!

    Have a great WBC Party,
    Wilma, Shabby Royale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your studio is beautiful. I love your cubbies! I know what you mean about always ending up with a teeny tiny area of usable space on the desk when creating, LOL. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing, I definitely have to get some organizing lessons from you!
    What a fabulous creative space!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You space is SO pretty! I love all your IKEA and how you have everything organized and in it's place (even if it's only for a bit) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have pinned your post as you have so many ideas for set up and storage that if I should move my crafting area from the basement into the spare room I use for an office I can refer to it again.
    It must be a pleasure making cards in your studio.
    Happy crafting from # 33.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness your crafty space is GORGEOUS! I enjoyed the tour so much!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great space! And I can believe the 8" square of usable space! Happens to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd feel like a kid in a candy store in your space! I'm usually working in an 8" square as well. Funny how quickly that happens!
    Halle #58

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous photos, so great to see your creative space!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I would enjoy having a bed in my crafty space, then I wouldn't have to leave for naps! I make cards too and really enjoyed seeing how you store your supplies and all your crafty goodness! I love the card you showed on your workspace in use at the very end, you do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a wonderful job of being so organized and keeping the room so pretty at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can see why this is your happy place. You have done such a lovely job of organizing and creating a space that is pretty and functional. That's is not always an easy job. You're see that if you visit my space. I've just started my tour of studios, but you girls are putting me to shame. I guess I was just born with a messy gene, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your creative space is awesome, Kristin! I've used some of the same furniture pieces from IKEA that you have used.....gotta love that store! I love seeing how other creative people store and sort their goodies, & I especially like it when they use some of the everyday things that might get discarded. Thanks for sharing that last photo of your creative mess. If I'm scrapbooking, which I do a lot, I pretty much spread out over every surface. Even my sewing machine will get pushed to the back of the sewing table so I can use that space as well. Those of us who have dedicated spaces are truly blessed. Loved seeing your creative space!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kristi,
    You have a great creative space and very well stocked I might add. I am sure many wonderful creations come out of it. I love your little Walking Dead, Rick keychain...I have one like it too, but mine is of my favorite character, Daryl. Thanks for sharing your great space and for stopping by for a visit.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your room is awesome. I love the closet. Hope mine looks like that someday. I also think it is cool that your cat insisted on being seen!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely creative space. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lovely space, and I really like your organization! Thanks for the look-round!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kristi, your space is so organized and full of fabulous supplies! I love the jute trims and all of your flowers and pretty bling. You've got a world of wonderful things to work with! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are an organizer extraordinaire - I'm very impressed! Such a lovely space - thanks for the charming tour.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the Amy Elle notebooks for story your clear stamps. I need to check into that. Love your space, but I am totally blown away by your organization. No way did I let you look inside the drawers of anything in my art space. You studio is inspiring as well as beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
    Teresa Young
    www.foxhollowstudiocom

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness pretty please invite me over to play in your amazing studio! You have such a range of fantastic supplies...scrap heaven! I love the heart painting by your daughter, priceless! Love your organization too. Thank you for an inspiring peek into your creative life.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE your room! So bright and organized! I especially love the Alex drawer units. I've got to invest in one of those. Thanks for sharing this beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have wonderful space. Your drawers are organized so well. Love the collection of ribbons. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Krisit! What a delight to stop in for a visit :) Your blog is simply beautiful and your craft room took my breath away with its loveliness! What a wonderful place to create and be inspired.

    I wanted to thank you for following along on my blog. I have also followed you and I look forward to visiting again. Hugs and blessings! Stephanie - The Enchanting Rose

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Kristi,
    I have been following you on google+ for awhile now, and so enjoy seeing your beautiful cards. Your work space is lovely-- so organized and impressively filled with craft stuff. I love your filing system for your die collection, and your shelves are arranged so prettily. This is my third year doing Where Bloggers Create, and I am still so inspired by the participants spaces. Every year I com away with new ideas for display and organization in my own space.

    Thanks for visiting Gaia and I!
    Best wishes,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Kristi,
    I have been following you on google+ for awhile now, and so enjoy seeing your beautiful cards. Your work space is lovely-- so organized and impressively filled with craft stuff. I love your filing system for your die collection, and your shelves are arranged so prettily. This is my third year doing Where Bloggers Create, and I am still so inspired by the participants spaces. Every year I com away with new ideas for display and organization in my own space.

    Thanks for visiting Gaia and I!
    Best wishes,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! What a fantastic space!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your beautiful room and awesome storage. I want to come over and play.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I would kill for your closet organization! I think Ikea is the way to go in a studio. Love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would kill for your closet organization! I think Ikea is the way to go in a studio. Love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would kill for your closet organization! I think Ikea is the way to go in a studio. Love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Kristi! So glad you joined the party again! Your room looks like a wonderful place to play in! I think I need to figure out how to move a bed into my room!! LOL! I loved looking at all your fun card making supplies. We do get addicted to buying little trinkets for our art don't we? We can NEVER have too many!! Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your space, Kristi! What a great desk and I love how you are so organized. I also love how you everything right within reach at your desk. Great way to store the ribbons. I have trims that I am trying to get in order and they are just loose {no cards} when I buy them by the yard. I can see who I should come to if I have a question about card making! : ) I have tried it on for size this year and have kept it very simple. Keep the bed ~ naps are good!

    ReplyDelete
  45. You have a beautiful and organised room, with so many goodies! I would definitely have fun in there if I ever visited! Thank you for sharing your room.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Kristi!

    Your workspace is really neat. It's amazing you have all that stuff and keep it so organized and pretty.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. :)

    -Gaia

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, now I could create in this space and with all your gorgeous goodies! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Awesome AND organized!!! Lovely space!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh Wow! Your craft room is amazing. You have done such a wonderful job organizing it.
    I so enjoyed the tour. thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Kristi, what an amazing creative space you have. I love it and all the amazing organization. The bed is such a nice addition. I should add one for all the time I spend in mine. LOL
    Really you have such an inviting place to design with everything right at your fingertips. Really inspiring.
    Makes me want to redo my drawers and closets.
    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
    Have fun and Happy Creating. cm

    ReplyDelete
  51. Kristi.
    WOW!! So many great ideas that I am coming away with!! Love all your organizational ideas!! I have to go through and look again since I was so excited about how you displayed things!!
    Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow...stunning area and everything has it's place and is so neat and tidy! I am certainly jealous! ;-)
    I have recently also started on a clean-up and organsie drive...it is getting there, but is certainly a work in progress! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a wonderful creative space you have.
    I would love to come there and open up every box and drawer to see what is in there. So much fantastic stuff to create with.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  54. Kristi--You, my dear, have a fabulous space filled with so much cool stuff! I am blown away by your organization skills (of which I am very lacking!).

    Gosh. I want to paw through all of your drawers and play with all of your supplies . Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great creative space, Kristi. And you are so wonderfully organized with some great storage ideas. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  56. What a beautiful creative space! Love the way things are displayed, yet everything is organized. Thanks for sharing!
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow Kristi, I love your creative space! You've got better security than I do: Eeyore might not be nearly as protective of me as Rick in a zombie apocalypse. I'm a paper crafter who doesn't have a die cutter (yet), but I'm always on the look out for cute paper punches. I love how you've wound your ribbons and store them- you can see everything! Thanks so much for sharing~

    ~Michaele~

    ReplyDelete
  58. Girl, you are SERIOUS about paper crafting! What a fabulous space! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  59. A pretty, enchanting sweet space You've made for Yourself and so stocked with wonderful supplies. Hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  60. A pretty, enchanting sweet space You've made for Yourself and so stocked with wonderful supplies. Hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  61. Oh, Kristi, what a beautifully organized space! I am so impressed. You could hire yourself out as a studio designer. And I see you are assisted by your beautiful calico. There is a lovely calico stray that comes here almost every day because I always feed her. She is very shy though. My cat, Molly, lived in the woods next to my little condo and was feral. But eventually I won her heart and now she happily lives inside. Keep on with your beautiful creative work!

    ReplyDelete
  62. WOW...I just went through 2 cups of coffee drooling over your beautiful room...so FUN to see and read...what a beautiful place to create in!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Lovely 'Happy Place' You have terrific organizing skills. I so enjoyed your peeps. I too am a visual organizer. Like to see what there is to choose from. Keep smiling and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Olá Kristis,amei o seu blog,me identifiquei muito com seu ateliê,pois também faço scrap em meu quarto,só que durmo por la também,Amei o cartão com cachorro,voltarei outro dia.Valéria.(Brasil).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...