Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Joy Clair First Release,Day Three- Hugs And Smiles

Happy Wednesday and welcome to day three of the first ever release from Joy Clair. Today's featured stamps are a very cute modern set called Hugs And Smiles. Besides Hello Autumn, this may be my personal favorite of the entire release.

I am just in love with the current water color trend in stationery. I stamped my images onto water color paper with Black Memento Ink and allowed it to dry thoroughly. I used my Spectrum Aqua markers as my water coloring medium. I simply swiped the pen onto a clear stamp block and picked the color up with a water brush. After I finished coloring, I flicked the bristles of the water brush to make the droplets. I let it dry for several hours and then constructed my card. The sentiment tag was made by coloring a clear block with Spectrum Aqua markers them spritzing it with water and swiping it across a piece of water color paper. I let that dry for a while, then stamped the sentiment before I die cut it into a tag shape.

I then mounted the large panel onto a pink card base, added the sentiment tag with foam tape and then added a twine string bow finished off with a matching enamel dot. This would be a great card to make in multiples using different colors and switching up the sentiment to make a card set to give away as a gift.

More inspiration is waiting for you at the links below:


There's also a giveaway on the Joy Clair blog each day of the release for that day's featured stamps. Make sure to hop over to the Joy Clair blog for all the details.

For a look at the Hugs And Smiles stamp set click here

I'll be taking a break from the release for a few days, I'll be back on Sunday. In the meantime, please keep checking the Joy Clair blog each day for the continuing release. Have an awesome day and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Beautifully done water coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new DT gig Kristi, so happy for you!! Love your card. Pretty colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a very pretty card loving the colors and style .x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...