Saturday, August 8, 2015

My Sheri Crafts Challenge- Home Decor

Happy Saturday! It's time for a new challenge over at My Sheri Crafts! This time we want to see your home decor! No cards this time around! Well, I'm such a prolific card maker that of course was hard for me.  In the days before I blogged, I  dabbled in collage and altered items. When I decided to concentrate on cards, it took a back seat. Lately, I've been admiring vintage style mixed media collages. My interest in them is resurfacing and I've been going back into my attic to retrieve my fabrics, laces and trims that were stored away many years ago. I decided to try my hand at a vintage style mixed media wall hanging.


I think this old photograph of the Eiffel Tower makes a great subject! I found this photo online for free use and printed it out on card stock. I used my old shape scissors to give it a deckled edge. I started with a piece of chipboard and covered it with patterned papers.  I have so many large fabric flowers in my stash that were too big for cards and were languishing in my craft room. I can finally put them to use! With the exception of he photograph, everything I used on this piece was already in my craft stash. I used hot glue to attach everything except the metal piece that says 'cherish'. I used some E-6000 to make sure it would stay on.

This collage would look great just about anywhere in your home, an armoire, china cabinet, closet doors or used as a large gift tag attached to a bag or package.

I hope you'll join us for this wonderful challenge, I can't wait to see what you create! Thank you for stopping by today, have a lovely weekend!

7 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Kristi! Love the vintage look! Welcome officially to MSC DT! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, glad you can join us full time now looking forward to seeing more of your vintage designs. This wall hanging is just lovely, I love anything Parisienne and the vintage image just ticks the boxes.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Collage Kristi. I used to love doing this kind of art work. I must tell you that you are good at it if this is any indication of your work. This is probably one of the more difficult kinds of art. Beautiful.

    Hugs and Blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi this is wonderful! Glad this challenge brought dusted off some older talent! Welcome to the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi this is wonderful! Glad this challenge brought dusted off some older talent! Welcome to the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi, this is beautiful! I am so glad to have you as part of our team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful project, Kristi! Congratulations for being Guest Designer for My Sheri Crafts. I too have tons of large flowers I can't use on cards. Well done embellishing this wall decor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...