Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Vintage Style Gift Tag

Happy Wednesday! I hope your week is going great! School let in this week in my area, so it feels like the summer is officially winding down. I am anxiously awaiting the fall!

Today I'm sharing a gift tag with you. I love how it turned out!

A few years ago I purchased some Spellbinders Grand dies. These are Labels Twenty. I don't really use them that much because they are so huge, but I had an idea. Instead of making a greeting card, how about a greeting tag? You could use a very large tag to decorate a gift box or bag and it would become part of the gift or BE the gift. I've made this tag with a chipboard base in order for it to be sturdy and last as a piece of home decor. I have quite a collection of trims and embellishments that would be too heavy for a card so this is a perfect way to use them. I'm also excited that these tags can be made with either purchased chipboard or recycled chipboard from around the house. Since I no longer scrapbook traditionally, I can try to use all of the 12x12 paper that I have accumulated over the years.

Here's a look at the reverse side:
 I've added a smaller label in the same shape so a message can be written to the recipient. The possibilities are endless, these don't have to fit into an envelope so you could embellish them any way you choose. I'm all for coming up with ways to use what you have in your stash instead of it sitting for years and years and then end up donated or recycled.


She's a cutie, isn't she? Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy the rest of your week!

2 comments:

  1. This really is beautiful. I really like the image, and of course, how wonderfully you embellished the tag. I have to confess I also had that Spellbinder die and I don't think I've used it once. Thank you for sharing the great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...