Saturday, October 31, 2015

My Sheri Crafts Challenge-Tag, You're It!

Happy Halloween! I hope your day is frightful! It's also time for a new challenge over at My Sheri Crafts.
The theme this time is, Tag, You're It! We want to see a tag or a tag shape on your project! I've made a vintage style mixed media tag for you today.


I started my tag with a large manila tag from Ranger. I tea stained the tag by letting it soak in tea overnight. Once it dried, I layered it with some vintage sheet music and a doily that has been tea stained as well. I found this old photo of a very fashionable lady, and thought it would be neat to make a tag using textiles that I thought you might find on her hat and possibly her dress. Sort of a seamstress's sample card. So I found some ribbon, bits of lace and satin ribbon that I thought looked pretty together. I attached them to my tag with small dabs of hot glue. You could use fabric glue as well.
This tag would look nice anywhere you ant to add a sweet vintage touch.

I hope you'll join us over at My Sheri Crafts and link up your tag projects! Hope to see you there!
Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy Halloween!!

4 comments:

  1. Game over, you win!!!
    Your tag is so lovely!
    Happy Saturday,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! Love the vintage look and pretty embellishments!

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag Kristi, so elegant with all its little elements. Great job.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exquisitely gorgeous, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...