Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Vintage Postcard Halloween Cards

Happy Wednesday! Fall is setting in on us here finally! The days are still warm, but the mornings and evenings are cool enough for a jacket,Yaaay! Can you tell I'm excited? :) Halloween continues to be one of my favorite holidays. I love to decorate the house with cute decorations and making Halloween cards!
I've recently begun collecting antique post cards again. I had a small collection many years ago, and they somehow went missing in a move across the country. I love the old graphics and the best part are the messages written on them! I love wondering about who they were and what their lives must have been like.
Today, I have two Halloween cards for you that include vintage postcard images. These are reproductions of postcards I've found online. I haven't been able to locate any real ones for my collection yet.


This one amuses me because it's a little weird! Who is that little pumpkin boy? He's cute, but a little strange! I've seen lots of old postcards with strange images on them. I assume they made sense back in the old days and we've simply lost context for them today. I still think the image is lovely, however. I used mainly My Mind's Eye papers from a few years ago. They used to be one of my all time favorite companies.

This is one of my favorite postcard images for Halloween. You've probably seen her everywhere! She reminds me of my daughter when she was small. I really like how this card turned out. Yes, some folks do send Halloween cards! Both of these were bought by a very sweet customer of mine and she loved them. I hope you're having fun this October making Halloween cards!

I'll be back on Friday with a new card for the JustRite Papercraft October release; I hope you'll join me!
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I LOVE vintage Halloween images! These are darling! I am fortunate enough to have several real vintage postcards of Halloween images but they are just for looking at...no crafting with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such sweet halloween images, and you have made adorable cards with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...