Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Vintage Style Christmas Cards

Wow! where has December gone? It's been a few weeks since I've posted here, sorry to be so absent. That doesn't mean that I've been idle in my card making, I've been running my little Etsy shop and trying to get it filled. I've also had lots of Christmas custom requests from friends and customers alike that have kept me extremely busy. Now that I'm all caught up, I have some to time to blog again!
 I've always loved vintage photographs especially ones from the Victorian or Edwardian era. This year I've created a lot of Christmas cards with them, and have three to share with you today.


I'm starting with my favorite for this year. Love the pink, lavender and silver together! I admit, this card was tossed to the side for a couple of weeks before it came together. I let the pink and purple on the girl's clothes inspire the color combination. I bought some berry sprigs in the floral department and accented the side of the card. Love this one!


Here's another pink and silver one.I really love the old image of the two angels. All of the background paper and flourish are silver foil. It's so hard to capture on camera.

And now for something completely different! How about some bold green glittered paper? The holly die cuts and red frame paper is by Anna Griffin. I also have a stamp of this image!

I hope you liked my cards today, I have so many more to share with you before Christmas! I'll be back in a couple of days to show you some new Christmas cards! Thanks for hanging in with me, I appreciate all your visits!

Kristi

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards...glad to see you back at your blog. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're ALL gorgeous! They make my vintage-lovin' heart go pitter patter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love the colors on the two first cards!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous vintage cards Kristi. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the pretty Vintage cards..December has just flown by and hate to see all the fun inspiration come to an end. Hoping I can make a few things for next year after the celebrations are done. May you and yours have a wonderful Holiday Season and a Very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful, vintage cards! Very pretty. Just found your blog and loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...