Sunday, June 11, 2017

Rustic Father's Day Deer Cards

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a lovely weekend! Father's Day is coming up next Sunday so I'm sharing a few cards with you today.


Lately, I've been seeing all of the wonderful cards people have been making with the new Distress Oxide inks from Tim Holtz. I admit I'm not a card maker that likes to get her hands very inky, but I couldn't help myself! This particular background is made with Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Cracked Pistachio. It gives the appearance of copper that has been left to form a patina. I just love it! I used plain heavyweight white card stock for my examples, but recommend either watercolor paper using the smooth side or Tim Holtz's branded mixed media panels. They do not curl as much when you are working with them and it lays flatter once the paper dries. The cards are pretty much straight forward construction using a kraft card stock base, paper backed burlap from DCWV, twine and wood embellishment dots from Micheal's. The deer stamp is so stunning and is from Deep Red Stamps. Here are two more I made using the same technique and mixing up the design and embellishments slightly.

This one is my favorite, love the metal star from Tim Holtz!


Using up some of my massive button stash on this one! I love how each inked panel is different and one of a kind. I forgot to mention also that a shimmer spray in a dark or metallic color looks awesome when sprayed on these panels. It's impossible to photograph the effect for you, but it adds a really nice touch in person.

I hope you enjoyed my cards for you today! Please come back on Wednesday for a blog hop featuring Becca Feeken's Amazing Paper Grace new die release. Hope to see you then!

2 comments:

  1. excellent man card Kristi, that burlap adds fabulous texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have admiration for anyone who can pull off a masculine card . . that means you because this is awesome! I so love this and it's the perfect Fathers Day Card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...