Saturday, June 3, 2017

Two Ways To Use Amazing Paper Grace Filigree Booklet Dies

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope this post finds you well and enjoying your weekend!

 Today I have two projects to share with you using the Filigree Booklet Dies from Amazing Paper Grace by Becca Feeken. The first one is pretty straight forward and is actually a booklet.

These are a pair of wedding vow booklets made for the bride and groom to read their vows during their wedding ceremony. I made the covers from pink card stock then used the cover die again with a filigree insert to create a die cut overlay of vellum. I ran the vellum through my Xyron first to add adhesive so I didn't have to worry about liquid glue possibly showing through the vellum. I made one set of pages from white card stock and sewed them together with waxed linen thread for durability. You could use embroidery floss or any type of thin cording in your stash, I just happened to have this on hand as I sometimes make books. A large needle is also helpful for you to sew it all together.
 The sentiment on the front is actually computer generated foiled in silver using my Minc machine and die cut using the small rectangle die from the Giving Occasions stamp and die set. I added a little white silk ribbon to the spines and added some bead caps that resemble wedding bells. All of this is of course topped off with lots of little pink flowers!


The Filigree Booklet dies come with two different filigree patterns that you can use as inserts on your books. As I was playing around with them, I noticed that they can also be used to make an endless panel. There are no edges to these pieces, so you can make larger pieces of die cut paper to form a cover for your cards. You can use your ruler or just eyeball the die close to the edge of the paper to make the frame for your panel. Here's a card I made with this technique.

 Two repeats of this pattern place side by side produces a panel that fits perfectly onto the front of an A6 card, which is 4 1/2 by 6 1/4 inches. You can experiment with them and see what other sizes you can come up with. In the middle where I've joined the two panels didn't come out exactly perfect so I added some ribbon around the middle to camouflage it a bit. This card is pretty simple in construction, I backed the filigree panel with a green polka dot paper, added foam tape to the back and layered it over a white card stock base that has a floral patterned paper on top. The flowers are made from Becca's Cinch And Go Flowers dies. The sentiment and die cut rectangle are made with the Giving Occasions stamps and die set. All other supplies will be linked at the bottom of the post.


I hope you liked my projects for you today! Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by, see you soon!

Supplies not linked above-

Wedding Vow Booklets-
 card stock- Sweet Blush by Papertrey Ink
vellum- Papertrey Ink
waxed linen thread- Micheals
small flowers- Funkie Junkie Boutique
sentiment- computer generated, Font is called Edwardian Script
white silk ribbon- May Arts (purchased here)
bead caps-my stash I believe I bought from Micheals
Minc Foiling  machine- buy it here

Floral Birthday Card
card stock- Micheals
patterned paper- Simple Stories, Vintage Bliss
ribbon- MayArts (discontinued)
pearls-Micheals

5 comments:

  1. Lovely work, thank you for the inspiration.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always...and that ribbon with the striped edges...fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kristi,
    Very lovely, thought-filled creations! I especially appreciate your candid comment about using ribbon to disguise a less-than-perfect seam because, what can invite creativity more than dealing with 'mistakes'? That striped-edged ribbon with the flowers are a winning combination!
    Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even describe how much I love these. Honestly, I gasped, then clapped when I saw the wedding vows! How totally gorgeous and what a lovely, lovely use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous idea with the wedding vows!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...